Bachelor Program in Computer Science at TTU aims to produce high qualified bachelors with critical and creative thinking, analytical skills and practical problem solving skills; abilities to analyzise, design, build up and develop software applications based on computer knowledge and mathematical foundation for computers; usage of English fluently career ethic to work in international environment; good political quality and high discipline.
- Natural sciences knowledge
Have basic knowledge of natural sciences and understanding the importance of the issues related to the field of study, as well as their applications.
- Social sciences knowledge
Have basic knowledge of micro- and macroeconomics, political theories, Vietnamese laws and national defense;
Have knowledge of Vietnamese culture, society and tradition as well as the world’s civilizations;
Have profiency in English at high international level such as TOEFL PBT 600, TOEFL iBT 100 or IELTS band 7.0, or equivalents.
- Basic Area knowledge
Have basic and solid knowledge of algorithm, data structure, programming language, operating system, as well as computer organnization and architecture.
- Concentration area knowledge
Have knowledge of algorithm design, complexity analysis, and optimization for different problems;
Master at least a high programming language;
Have good understanding of mathematical models applied in computational science, pros and cons for each particular case.
Depending on the specific majors, students will have specific knowledge as follows:
- Data science: gathering / transforming / storing / extracting data, building data processing model assessment, data processing on distributed systems and clouds, visualize data
- Machine learning / artificial intelligence: regression algorithms, supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning (multi-grade learning), learning models based on statistical probability and application in language processing and computer vision.
- Professional skills
Apply knowledge of computation and mathematics in different fields such as economics, social sciences, technology and natural sciences;
Analyze problems, determine and point out approriate computational methods for solving the problems;
Design, install and test the system, process, modules, or computer program to obtain proposed objectives;
Analyze effects (locally and globally) of computer on indivituals, organization and society;
Improve deep knowledge based on basic knowledge mentioned above to specialize in the area;
Apply techniques, skills as well as effective tools for pratical computation;
Apply knowledge of fundamental mathematics, algorithm principles, computing theories to model and design computer systems based on constraint of existing resources.
- Soft skills
Leadership and teamwork buiding to fulfil the overall objective effectively;
Competency in presentations and public speaking skills; good communication in English (speaking and writing);
Adaptability and flexibility to the professional requirements and the job environments locally and globally;
Job Oppotunities after Graduation
Computer science graduates can take on the position of data engineers in companies such as:
- Technology: VNG Corporation, Zalo & Zing, Vingroup, Facebook, Grab, TMA, FPT, VNPT, Viettel, Trusting social, ...
- E-commerce: Lazada.vn; Tiki.vn; Sendo.vn; Thegioididong.com; …
- Logistic, insurance, store / supermarket chain, advertising / marketing, …
Graduates of this major can also take part in:
- Research / teaching in universities / institutes in Vietnam and internationally;
- Start-up projects related to Data Science and AI
Bachelor degrees are awarded to students who meet the followings:
- Registered at TTU full time for at least four full semesters;
- Completed at least 126 semester hours or credits;
- Completed at least 60 semester hours or credits at TTU;
- Completed all TTU courses satisfying degree requirements with a cumulative grade point average of elective courses at least 1.67;
- Completed all TTU courses that satisfy major and/or minor requirements and all mandatory courses with a grade of at least 2.00;
- Satisfied the English requirement: TOEFL PBT 600 or IELTS band 7.0 or equivalent;
- Completed courses of physical education, national defense education and other courses required by MOET
- Demonstrated to be a student in “Good Academic and Disciplinary Standing”, not under investigation.